The Fine Arts Academy at Faith Baptist Church exists to:
- Identify individuals, young or old, who demonstrate the potential or the desire to use their talents to serve Christ in their local church.
- Inspire individuals, young or old, to use their talents to serve Christ in their local church.
- Instruct those individuals, through quality teaching, so that they may develop their talents for the glory of God.
The Fine Arts Academy offers weekly private lessons on the following instruments:
Guitar & Piano
2019-2020 Private Lesson Policies
- There is a ‘once in a lifetime’ registration fee of $15 per family.
- Tuition is $62 per month. This is based on 30-minute lessons at $16 per lesson times 35 lessons in the year divided by 9 months. All checks are to be made out to ‘Faith Baptist Church.’
- Tuition is to be paid in advance and is due at the student’s first lesson of each month.
- Tuition remains the same each month regardless of the number of lessons received.
- Discounts are offered for families with more than one child enrolled in private lessons.
- Families with 2 children – $117.80/month (62 + 55.80) 10% off 2nd child
- Families with 3 children – $170.50/month (62 + 55.80 + 52.70) 10% off 2nd child; 15% off 3rd child
- Additional discounts will apply to families with 4 or more children.
- Lessons begin the week of August 26, 2019 and end the week of May 18, 2020.
- No lessons will be given Nov. 25-29, Dec. 23-Jan 3, or March 23-27, 2020.
- There will be no refunds for missed lessons.
- If you realize that you are going to miss a lesson, please notify your teacher as soon as possible.
- In the event that a student misses a lesson, he may request a make-up lesson. Make-up lessons will be given whenever possible, but they cannot be guaranteed. Obviously, if a teacher has to cancel a lesson, they will provide either a make-up lesson or a refund will be given for that teacher-canceled lesson.
Expectations for Students:
- Every student will be encouraged to perform regularly. This includes playing in church, playing for friends and family at home and playing for any recitals that are scheduled.
- Every student is responsible for obtaining their own instrument. Most instruments can be rented and/or purchased at a local music store. If you have any questions regarding obtaining an instrument, please ask your teacher.
- Every student is required to practice! The amount of practice required of each student will be determined during the first week of lessons.
- For increased accountability it is requested that there be an additional person in the room during each lesson. This person can be a parent or sibling or whoever brings the student to the lesson. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions about this policy.
To register for private lessons or if you have any questions, please contact Stephen Simpson at the church office (863-293-0689) or through this form.