Please be in prayer about how God would have you participate in the April Faith Day Offering. Pray, believing God wants to use you in a significant way. Pray, believing God will glorify Himself in our town through our sacrificial giving. Pray, believing you are storing up treasure in Heaven. Pray, believing that our God is great and greatly to be praised in and through our lives on April Faith Day.
What is April Faith Day?
In September of 1999, Pastor Osborne came to a Deacon Meeting with the idea of taking a special offering on the first Sunday in April. He set a goal of $50,000 and proposed putting $20,000 in the Building Fund and giving the rest of the offering away. April 2, 2000 came and April Faith Day was born. Roughly $48,000 was collected on that first April Faith Day. $20,000 was given to Camp Sparta. Another $10,000 was split between two separate missionaries. Since 2000, April Faith Day has become an annual tradition at FBC. Every year, on the first Sunday in April, we give an extraordinary and sacrificial offering to the Lord. The purpose of the offering changes each year. Some years our offering has gone exclusively to Faith’s 100. For several years we were in the midst of a Capital Campaign and added the April Faith Day offering to the Building Fund.
What are the April Faith Day gifts?
One hallmark of April Faith Day is the gifts that are given away each year. Each year, several gifts are given from the offering that is collected. Since 2000 numerous gifts have been given away. Consider some of the gifts that have been given in the past.
- $10,000 to help Russian children attend summer camp
- $10,000 to help an African pastor buy a truck that will assist him in ministry
- $10,000 to help an African school build and furnish a classroom building
- $10,000 to help a church in the Philippines finish their building project
- $5,000 to help a Haitian orphanage
- $15,000 to help a local safe-house for victims of human-trafficking
- $15,000 to FBM Missionaries Ken & BJ Armstrong to assist with the Orphanage ministry in Indonesia
- many more gifts to local Camps, foreign missionaries, & other mission agencies
In fact, through the first 19 years the total for all of the FBC gifts is 43 gifts totaling $356,000 – to God’s praise honor and glory!
In the 19 years since we began taking the April Faith Day Offering the sacrificial offering has totaled $2,738,816.69 – our God is truly awesome!
We can’t wait to see what our great God is going to do in 2019!