|(photo by Paul Cleveland)|
Pastor Osborne recently preached a two-part sermon on Wednesday nights entitled Samson: A He Man with a She Weakness. You can listen to it on our website: Part 1 and Part 2.
He gave 5 principles from the life of Samson:
- Children driven by their sensuous desires can be born of spiritual parents.
- A sensuous person focuses on the external instead of the internal.
- The sensuous person usually lives a life of deception.
- The sensuous life leads to one anxiety after another.
- Sensuality can lie dormant for years, but it is never dead.
Pastor also gave a list of 12 Negative Consequences of Sexual Sin:
- Dragging the name of Christ through the mud
- Hindering the word and advance of the church
- Untold hurt to my best friend and loyal wife
- The loss of respect and trust
- The possibility I could destroy my marriage
- The loss of respect and credibility with my children
- The shame brought to my family
- The shame and hurt to the church
- An irretrievable loss of years of witnessing
- The grieving of the Holy Spirit
- The possibility of contracting a disease
- The loss of self-respect, discrediting my own name, and embarrassment upon my family