|Photo by Paul Cleveland
I recently preached a message from Matthew 6:25-34 entitled 10 Reasons Why We Shouldn’t Worry. The message is available on our website. Here are the ten reasons that I elaborate on in my message.
- God has given us things far more valuable than the things we are worrying about.
- God has provided for those who are far less valuable than we are.
- Worrying is futile. It is a waste of time.
- Worrying dishonors God by flaunting a lack of faith.
- We have a kind and gracious Master.
- The world worries and we are not to be conformed to the world.
- God is omniscient.
- We are children of a heavenly Father.
- God is sovereign and holds the future in His hands.
- We have much better things to be thinking about.
- See Matthew DelValle’s excellent post on the parallel passage in Luke 12 – The Anatomy of Anxiety