It is that time of year. You know – the time when we are supposed to be thankful for things! It is time to stop and ‘count our blessings.’ It is time to stop and consider all of the reasons for which we should be thankful.
I encourage you to make an effort to sit down and write a list of all the things for which you are thankful. You do not have to show it to anyone. Just write it down. If you want to share it, take a picture of your list and post it on facebook. Or, hang it on your refrigerator.
Today, I would like to share my list with you. Here is what I am thankful for in 2015.
- My wife – I would not last very long if I had to do her job. Taking care of four children while simultaneously homeschooling two of them is a monumental undertaking. On top of that, she finds time to support and encourage me. I am so very thankful for Nicki.
- My children – With four children in our home, there are often times that I don’t ‘feel’ thankful for them. I often feel overwhelmed. Yet, whenever I think of them – I smile. 🙂 I am truly blessed. Each one of my children is a unique gift from God. I am so thankful for each one.
- An unexpected gift – In 2015, another local church contacted us about their choir music. They offered to give us all of the choir music that they had accumulated over the years. It took tons of work, but we have moved the music to FBC and are working through it and getting it organized. I am thankful for this unexpected blessing.
- Organ – Our church purchased a new organ in 2015. It is fantastic. It many ways it feels like we are still trying to learn how to use it. I am thankful for this wonderful instrument. I love it when our organists ‘pull out all the stops’ and fill the room.
- Netflix – I am thankful that I can watch shows without commercials. It is a wonderful blessing!
- Evernote – In 2013, I wrote that I use Evernote almost every day. Today, I use it even more. For me, it is scary to imagine a world without Evernote.
- McDonald’s Coffee – We have a new McDonald’s less than a mile from our church. I am very thankful for this blessing. God has smiled upon us by bringing McDonald’s coffee to our front doorstep.
- Fountain Pens – Writing with a fountain pen is such a different experience. My current favorite is a pen that used to be my grandmother’s. It is probably 60-70 years old. Writing with it reminds me of her. It makes me curious to think of all the things she wrote with that pen.
- Short Staff Meetings – hint, hint, hint… 🙂
That’s enough for today. What are you thankful for?
PS – Don’t forget about our Annual Free Thanksgiving Dinner at Westwood Middle School. It will be served from 11:30am until 1:30pm. All are welcome!