(originally posted on May 13, 2008)
This past Sunday morning, Pastor Osborne preached a message entitledExterminating Marital Pests from Ephesians 5:13-21. Here are the five destructive pests that Pastor Osborne pointed out.
- The Pest of Confusion (v. 15)
- Propaganda against marriage
- Complexity of relationships
- The Pest of Busyness (v. 16)
- Lack of Communication
- Impatience; Preoccupation
- Feelings of Disconnection and Distance
- The Pest of Insensitivity (v. 17)
- Impervious to Your Spouse’s Feelings
- Inconsiderate (I don’t care)
- The Pest of Escapism (v. 18)
- Running away from Responsibility
- Running away from Pain
- Running to a destructive habit
- The Pest of Stubbornness (v. 19-21)
- Holy Wedlock turns to Unholy Deadlock
Pastor Osborne closed with three steps to Exterminate the Pests in your marriage.
- Admit that the pests are there.
- Communicate all the ways to control them.
- Start Right Now!