the stork, the heron after its kind, the hoopoe, and the bat. (Lev 11:19 NKJV)
the stork, the heron after its kind, and the hoopoe and the bat. (Deu 14:18 NKJV)
The Hoopoe is in the same order as Bee-eaters, Rollers, and
They are found in Asia, Europe, and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa and Madagascar.
- They migrate to the tropics in the winter.
- In 2008, the Long-Billed Hoopoe became the national bird of Israel. See Article in Jerusalem Post.
- Their diet consists of mostly worms and insects, which they find while spending most of their time on the ground.
- “The nest is in a hole in a tree or wall. Like those of its relatives, the kingfishers, the nest tends to contain copious amounts of faeces and smell very foul as a protection against predators.”(Wikipedia)
- “The song is a trisyllabic “oop-oop-oop”, which gives rise to its English and scientific names.”(Wikipedia)